Van Pelt Stadium is a facility that is used by the community as well as the schools. The Lady Highlanders play softball on this field. The Eureka Springs Youth Association also plays here.
It is located one block south of the intersection of Highway 62 (Van Buren Rd) and Highway 23 South on Stadium Road. From Highway 62, go South on Highway 23. The first left behind The Land Of Nod Hotel is Stadium Road. Turn left onto Stadium Road and continue approximately 1/4 mile to the park. Click here for map
Van Pelt stadium was established in 1976 and built as a "living memory" to Dr. Ross C. Van Pelt. Dr Pelt came to Eureka Springs in 1946 after his retirement in Chicago. The Eureka Springs Community was in need of a doctor, so Dr. Van Pelt came out of retirement to continue his practice in Eureka Springs. In 1949 he opened the Eureka Springs Hospital. His favorite sport was baseball and he was greatly honored to have this stadium built in his honor.